“Our rooms and apartments combine stunning interiors with unspoilt views of the countryside available from a number of rooms”
- A number of rooms offer views of the fells (weather dependent)
- All rooms in the Annex convert into twin en-suites
- Family apartments can accommodate Families and groups
- Church located only 50 metres away for weddings or christenings
- Disabled/Wheelchair friendly ground floor room in the Annex
- Restaurant available for non-residents
- FREE Wi-Fi
- FREE Parking
- We have Dog friendly rooms in the Annex. A fee of £15 per dog per night is charged for your pet to stay and we ask that the dogs are kept off the furniture. The pet owner/guardian may be responsible for any additional cost to the sum of £50 for deep-cleaning, repair and replacement of damaged facilities should these be required.
Superior King Size with En-Suite Showers
Within the Grade II* listed building there are four en-suite bedrooms that have been completely renovated to offer a bit of the old with a twist of new. These rooms are some of the best in the area and portray the quality of what was once a stately home.
The beauty of the original sandstone walls, beams and fireplaces which can be found in some of the bedrooms have been reinstated and the oak furniture, king size beds and 32” flat screen TVs add that modern touch. There is underfloor heating in both the bedroom and walk in wet rooms. The wet rooms have been designed to complement the character of the building with slate floors, slate and sandstone walls and modern showers.
Superior King Size with En-Suite Bathroom
Located on a corner wing and overlooking the beer garden this room has a super king size bed with desk and wardrobe. The en-suite bathroom has a corner bath.
The Copley Suite takes up the whole of the South Wing on the top floor and is one of the largest bedroom and bathrooms in West Cumbria. The Suite offers a king size four poster bed, a 32″ flat screen TV, a settee and an alcove with table and chairs. The bathroom offers a large circular bath with overhead drench shower, two sinks, a dressing table and a lounging settee.
Opened in December 2011 at a cost exceeding £1 million, the annex was designed and built to complement the Hall and was built to a high standard using quality local products where possible.
With its slate roof and sandstone structure, the build gives an impression of a conversion or renovation and attention to thermal and acoustic properties add to the quality of the accommodation.
Annex A – Two Bedroom Apartment
This apartment has the same high specifications as Annex B and offers two super king en-suite bedrooms, an open plan living area with dining table and 4 chairs, settee, TV, sink and fridge. There are no cooking facilities as breakfast is included in the price.
Annex B – Double En-Suite Bedrooms
The annex offers 13 en-suite bedrooms, all offering Super king size beds which can easily be converted into 13 twin en-suites. Each room offers solid oak doors and floors, walk-in wet rooms and flat screen TVs. Rooms at the rear of the Annex offer unspoilt views of the countryside.
Annex C – Three Bedroom Apartment
This apartment has the same high specifications as Annex B and offers three super king en-suite bedrooms, an open plan living area with dining table and 6 stools, settee, TV, sink and fridge. There are no cooking facilities as breakfast is included in the price.
All rates quoted include full English breakfast, car parking, Wi-Fi and VAT.
Sometimes, a little ‘extra’ helps create a lasting memory for years to come. If you give us 24 hours’ notice we can arrange for the following to be in your room awaiting your arrival.
- Champagne – served chilled – £35
- Bottle of Wine – red, white or rosé – £16.95
- Flowers – from £20
- Chocolates and Strawberries – £12.00
- Fruit Bowl – £6.00
- Bottle of Port and Cheese Board – £25